Friday, May 23, 2008

36 weeks and 1 day

Well, the end is in sight! I have my C-Section scheduled for June 6 (eek!). This is the earliest they would let us schedule it for, as they really want you to go to 38 weeks if you can. However, there is still a good chance that I could 'pop' earlier. We have been told that full term for twins is considered around 37 weeks.

As of Monday, when we had our latest ultrasound, the babies looked great and were weighing in at just under 6 lbs each. That means that I am carrying the equivalent of a 12 lb baby! However, they look in really good shape and have great heartbeats, so we are just pleased to see that everything is going so well.

I have been having a lot more back pain, although the doctor has advised me that this is more to do with the way that the twins are lying. I keep hoping that it means something else, but these babies are going to come in their own time. Tim keeps telling me that they are going to take after their mother - stubborn!

I think Tim has some concerns over how much training he will be able to do once the babies are here. I have assured him that we will find a way around it to make it work. I know how passionate he is about his training, and I am so proud of how far he has come that I feel it is important for him to continue to make the time and effort that he puts into his training.

3 comments:

Paul said...

Wow, I remember the back ache my wife had with just one child...... but gosh two, yikes.

Best wishes and apologies for suggesting to Tim that he puts you on the bike rack instead of his bike ;-)

Formulaic said...

June 6th!! Coming soon.

Hope that everything goes great!

I know that you guys will find a balance.

I would think that Tim will spend more time with you at first but once you gys come to grips with everything and the chaos is controlled chaos, the training will pick back up in earnest.

Laura said...

Am getting very excited for you guys now!!!